The WSA offers scholarships for our biennial conventions. Generally, we will be providing need-based scholarship awards to both individuals and families at various levels (up to a maximum award of $2000) to help offset convention expenses for educational sessions and programs (parents/caregivers and children/adults with WS and their siblings) and travel. Optional items are not covered by scholarships. Our general scholarship fund information is below, so please continue with that if it applies to you.
The PM Minority scholarship fund provides special funding for Black families of a child with Williams syndrome. Established by a generous peer, the fund is intended to increase access to WSA programs for families in financial need. Funding priorities are for African-American, Caribbean, African, or Black Latino (from Latin American countries) families. Central and South American, as well as Caribbean Latinos, may also apply.
Please be aware of the following details regarding scholarship applications:
1. Membership: Scholarship applicants must be current members of the WSA (membership is complimentary).
2. Qualified first‐time attendees receive preference for funding. Recipients of previous scholarships will be provided awards to the extent that we are able.
3. Tax Returns: You'll be required to supply a copy of the first 2 pages of your most recent tax return.
4. Documentation is required to support any “out of pocket” expenses referenced on your application.
5. Deadline: Awards are given on a need-based "first come" basis. The completed application, and all other requested documentation must sent electronically or via mail no later than the deadline provided for each convention. (Please note, your application cannot be considered until your tax form is received and we cannot guarantee that funds will be available)
6. Award notifications will be sent out within a few weeks of the application deadline.
7. You will be asked to download, fill out all information (this is a fillable PDF, so no need to hand write!), save and email this pdf application along with uploaded tax documents and other documents as required back to us.